TRAXXAS X-MAXX 8S Maxx Scale Monster Truck, TQi with Bluetooth, VXL-8S with Self Righting System - 77086-4
- TQi 2.4Ghz Radio system
- 4 pole 1600kv brushless motor and ESC
- 50+mph (on 2x 14.8V lipo batteries, not supplied)
- Traxxas Stability Management
- 24mm splined wheel hexes
- Self Righting function
- Aluminium splined CVD's
- Fan cooled slipper clutch
Availability: In stock
Unrelenting 4X4 power, mammoth size, and award-winning innovation make X-Maxx the ultimate monster truck. With 30+ volts of extreme 8S power, X-Maxx defies physics, unleashing jaw-dropping acceleration and 50+mph speeds. Engineered to conquer the most extreme terrain and take brutal real-world punishment in stride, X-Maxx is the definition of Traxxas Tough
At the end of the day, size always wins. X-Maxx plows over obstacles and muscles through extreme terrain that leaves lesser trucks stranded. Mammoth 8-inch tall tires, long-arm suspension, and huge ground clearance dwarf the surroundings for virtually unstoppable monster truck fun.
At Traxxas, too much power is never enough! The durability of the new VXL-8s is matched only by the sheer ferocity of its 8s 30+ volt dual LiPo muscle. The speed-tuned 1200XL Big Block motor propels X-Maxx with brutal authority and exacting quickness that warps your senses. No matter what you have driven in the past, nothing will prepare you for X-Maxx.
X-Maxx puts the power to the ground through tough all-steel drivetrain gears, the revolutionary Cush Drive system, and our strongest driveshafts ever. The all-new Torque-Biasing Center Drive improves driveline durability and drives larger module ring and pinion gears on the toughest differentials we have ever produced.
Before X-Maxx, monster trucks would sometimes roll over upside down, bringing the action to a screeching halt.Now, press a button and in most cases this exclusive Traxxas innovation flips X-Maxx back over onto it;s wheels so that you can quickly get back into having fun.
Insightful engineering and precise integration of innovative solutions set X-Maxx in an all new category of superior performance. It's as satisfying and rewarding to use as it is fun and exciting to drive.
CLIPLESS BODY MOUNTING
Traditional clip and post body mounting won't survive in an X-Maxx world. Instead X-Maxx uses an innovative body latching system that secures the body firmly, is easy to operate and will prolong the life of the body, no matter how much roof time you get.
EASY BATTERY ACCESS
Special attention was paid to make sure the touch points on X-Maxx are easy to use. The snap lock battery retainers are integrated into the chassis and keep a firm secure grip on the batteries. There are no loose parts to lose.
At almost 30 inches long and 21 inches wide, it's dimensions can only be described as Maxx scale. The enormous size swallows the most extreme terrain with ease.
ALL NEW DESIGN
Traxxas engineers tossed out old conventions and re-imagined every aspect of the X-maxx to make it the world's toughest, hardest charging, ready-to-drive monster. It lives to play, built for minimal maintenance and maximum drive time.
Power equals fun and Traxxas builds in more of both than anyone. Massive Big Block brushless power and a 6S Lipo muscle will propel X-Maxx with a brutal authority and exacting quickness that completely defies it's enormous size.
TQI RADIO SYSTEM
The Traxxas TQi is a fully featured radio system that delivers superior speed, precision and control. It's Traxxas Link enabled so you can add a bluetooth module (part #6511, sold separately) and connect wirelessly to the Traxxas Link App. using your smart phone. Use it to customise your settings and view real time telemetry.
TRAXXAS STABILITY MANAGEMENT
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) works behind the scenes to help prevent spinouts and loss of control on treacherous, slippery terrain. Adjust the amount of assistance from 'off' to 100% right from your transmitter.
SUPERIOR DRIVELINE PROTECTION
The X-Maxx driveline is simple and direct for reduced rotational mass and superior durability. The driveline in completely sealed inside the chassis for worry free running, safe from rocks and other debris.
Water? Mud? Snow? X-Maxx laughs at bad weather that would stop other trucks. Traxxas was the first to introduce innovative waterproofing solutions to RC cars and they will extend your fun, blasting through all sorts of conditions that used to be off limits.
- Velineon VXL-8s Brushless Power System
- VXL-8s Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- 8s LiPo compatible
- Built-in cooling fan
- Machined heat sinks
- 10-gauge silicone wire
- Integrated protection circuits
- LED status lights
- Velineon 1200XL Brushless Motor
- “Big Block brushless motor
- 4-pole 1275 kV
- 5mm output shaft
- Aluminum slip-on heat sink
- Dual motor cooling fans
- 50+ MPH with Two 4s LiPo Batteries and Included Optional Pinion Gear
- Traxxas Stability Management
- Helps prevents spinouts and loss of control
- Adjusts from off to 100% assistance from the transmitter
- TQi 2.4GHz High Output Radio System
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver (#6533) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, “model selection” is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Telemetry-ready 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
- BEC Voltage and Motor Temperature Sensor installed
- New Body Mount System
- Quick one-hand installation and removal
- Uses pivoting rear latch mechanism
- Eliminates body posts and clips
- Full-time shaft-driven 4-wheel drive
- All-metal gears and CVDs
- Torque-Biasing Center Drive™ absorbs shocks and distributes power
- 24mm splined wheel hexes
- Wheel hexes retained with a clip
- 17mm hex on outside of wheel
- Sealed, silicone fluid-filled diffs with large module ring and pinion gears
- Splined outdrives attached with external thru-bolt method
- Heavy-duty Cush Drive with steel spur gear
- Fully machined aluminum stub axles
- Splined aluminum center driveshaft
- New Motor Mounting System
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- No manual gear mesh adjustments are required
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- New Modular Composite Chassis
- Rigid Chassis Structure
- Modular chassis design interlocks with front and rear bulkheads
- Motor mounts to rear bulkhead to eliminate gear crunching flex
- Easy to service and access components
- Driveline is sealed in the chassis to keep out dirt and grit
- New Battery Retention System
- No body clips or hook and loop straps
- Battery hold-downs pivot for easy access
- Adjustable for battery size
- More secure than conventional retention systems
- Integrated into chassis top brace for improved battery tray and chassis stiffness
- New Steering Bell Cranks and Servo Saver
- New high-output steering servo
- Wired directly into the RX box, no external wires seen on chassis
- New mounting system to fully support case
- Double-shear, bearing supported servo horn
- Engineered to optimize suspension travel and steering angles
- All critical suspension points have double shear strength
- High strength steel suspension pins used throughout
- Suspension pins retainers won’t come loose or “back-out”
- 4mm machined pivot balls
- C-hub and steering block geometry maximizes steering angle
- Adjustable roll center
- Fixed, high-strength camber and toe links
- Steel upper and lower tie bars
- Full contact sealed bearings used in exposed locations
- New GTX Shocks
- Machined aluminum threaded body
- Extra-large bore and capacity
- 5.2mm damper shaft
- Lower seal cartridge includes integrated wiper seal combination
- Adjustable upper spring retainer
- Plastic shock caps with pivot balls
- Fixed shock locations
- Lower spring perches bolted on
- Front energy absorbing rubber impact bumper
- Lower front and rear skids for impact and abrasion resistance
- Integrated nerf bars for side impact resistance
- 8x4x4 inch all-terrain tires
- Large, dual diameter wheels
- Specifically formulated 8s rubber compound
- 2-piece foam insert
- High-strength glue and bead design
The full X-Maxx experience of strength, power and agility relies on all the carefully engineered details that begin to emerge when you peel back the layers. Old conventions were discarded as every system and dimension was examined, subjected to a ground-up rebuild and taken to a level worthy of the Maxx legacy.
MODULAR CHASSIS DESIGN
Interlocking modular chassis deisgn keeps the motor and the gear drive together as a unit to virtually eliminate gear-crunching chassis flex. Plus, the design provides easy access to critical components, making any needed maintenance or repairs a snap to perform.
The wheels and tyres are massive and so is the grip from the burley, super aggressive all-terrain tread. Add some modern style in the wheel and back it up with power for a combo that roosts dirt and gravel like a 450 dirt bike.
GTX ALUMINIUM SHOCKS
X-Maxx's long travel, super plush feel is assured with four enormous high-perfofrmance oil filled GTX aluminium shocks. The large oil volume dissipates heat for all-day shredding while an integrated wiper seal keeps the shafts clean, reducing seal wear for long life.
SHOCK TOWER DESIGN
X-Maxx's shock towers introduce an exclusive new Traxxas look that offers rigid, triangulated structure and an authentic off-road look that fills in the wheel openings of the truck. They also serve as a convenient carry handles and provide level supports for the X-Maxx when placed upside down for cleaning.
ROCK-SOLID MOTOR MOUNT
The all-new motor mount design cradles the motor so it can't flex in the mount. Gear mesh is held firmly in place by keyed pins so there's no need for tricky adjustments. Eliminating flex means longer gear life, even in the most punishing conditions.
Achieving X-Maxx's huge suspension travel, tight turning circle and incredible strength required hundreds of hours of modelling, development and testing to package all of that capability in these sophisticated components. Exciting visual form follows unsurpassed function and performance.
WATERPROOF FROM THE START
Waterproofing our models has never been an afterthought at Traxxas. Traxxas innovation seals out the water so that your playground doesn't end when the fun involves water, snow and mud. Dirty truck? Just hose it off. The new style box allows fast radio access without removal.
DOUBLE SHEAR CONNECTIONS
X-Maxx uses double shear connections when the mission requires incredible strength. Suspension hinge point, shock mounting and even the steering output shaft are engineered to redefine Traxxas Tough. Captured, high strength steel suspension pins are used throughout and will never unscrew or back out.
A new servo was created to deliver the strength and the torque necessary to give X-Maxx unmatched steering authority. The quick steering and tight turning circle, combined with advanced suspension geometry, gives X-Maxx nimbleness and control that is unexpected in such a large vehicle.
X-Maxx is equipped with new energy absorbing impact cushions behind the front and rear front bumpers to help soften the blows and make X-Maxx even more durable in demanding situations -even the unexpected ones.
High strength steel driveshafts were engineered to maximise suspension travel, steering angles and overall durability. The differential outputs are splined for incredible strength and they center bolt to the differential for easy cleaning and service. Splined wheel hexes eliminate axle pins that require through holes that create a weak point in shafts.
FAN COOLED SLIPPER CLUTCH
Traxxas's unique slipper clutch design features a dual fan arrangement for enhanced cooling. The slipper clutch absorbs shock loads on the driveline and gives X-Maxx the strength to blast full throttle across the most challenging and rugged terrain.
ALUMINIUM SPLINED DRIVESHAFT
The tough aluminium center driveshaft carries the power to the front and rear differentials. Splined drives are used throughout for precise engagement. Incredible strength and smooth running.
X-Maxx differentials are all steel to handle the rigours of challenging off-road situations. The differentials are sealed and filled with heavyweight oil which gives the feel of limited-slip differentials. What the driver feels is confidence as the X-Maxx power slides through turns with massive roost and total control.
FULL CONTACT SEALED BEARINGS
X-Maxx is equipped with full contact sealed bearings in outboard locations to keep out the grime and grit. Less downtime for cleaning and maintaining bearings equals more play time for X-Maxx... up in the air that is, as you power over your most challenging jumps.
|Length:||29.84 inches (779mm)|
|Front Track:||22.26 inches (540mm)|
|Rear Track:||20.66 inches (525mm)|
|Ground Clearance:||4 inches (102mm)|
|Height (ride):||13.79 inches (350mm)|
|Wheelbase:||18.92 inches (480mm)|
|Shock Length:||7.4 inches (187mm)|
|Tires (pre-glued):||8.0x4.0 inches (203mm)|
|Wheels:||4.3x5.7 inches (110x145mm)|
|Speed Control:||Velineon VXL-8s|
|Motor (electric):||Velineon 1200xl|
|Overall Drive Ratio:||8.11 (stock, out-of-box)|
|Differential Type:||Sealed, Hardened Steel Bevel, Limited Slip|
|Chassis Structure/Material:||Composite Nylon Tub|
|Drive System:||Shaft-Driven 4WD|
|Radio System:||TQi 2.4GHz Transmitter with TSM receiver|
|Servo:||Torque: 365oz. Speed: 0.17 sec/ 60 degrees(6.0V)|
|Top Speed:||50+ MPH with two 4s LiPo Batteries and optional pinion gear|
|Battery Tray:||197mm x 51.5mm x 44mm|
|Required Batteries:||4 "AA" (transmitter)|
|Type:||1275 kv Sensorless Brushless|
|Length:||4.32 inches (110mm)|
|Diameter:||1.88 inches (48mm)|
|Connector Type:||Traxxas 6.5mm Bullet Connectors|
|Input Voltage:||4s / 8s LiPo (Max 33.6 Volts)|
|Motor Connectors:||Traxxas 6.5mm Bullet Connectors|
|Battery Connectors:||Traxxas High-Current Connectors|
|Power Wire:||10-gauge Maxx Cable|
REQUIRED TO RUN
- two identical 11.1V 3s or two identical 14.8V 4s Lipo batteries
- Lipo Balance Charger(s) to suit
- AA alkaline batteries for the radio